Filtered Containment Venting System (FCVS)
The possible challenge: A severe accident at your plant could result in pressure build up inside containment that causes leakage or even containment failure.
The proven solution: Your plant can benefit from AREVA’s Filtered Containment Venting System (FCVS). The FCVS is a field-proven solution you can implement with confidence to prevent loss of containment integrity and minimize long-term land contamination. Its compact and modular design enables a convenient retrofit into your existing plant. AREVA can provide technology NOW to prevent uncontrolled fission product releases in the event of a severe accident.
• Very high retention factors – virtually eliminates long-term land contamination issues
• The system operates in a passive mode
• Available solutions for PWR and BWR containments
• Installed or under construction in 56 NPPs worldwide
• Designed to be operable during extended Station Blackout (SBO) conditions
• Improves your Probabilistic Risk Assessment:
1) Reduces large release frequency
2) Improves containment survivability
• Retrofit to Generation II designs to meet Generation III safety targets