Major Component Replacement: Steam Generator & Pressurizer
Over 20 years of industry-recognized experience in replacing heavy components
AREVA’s Chalon/Saint-Marcel manufacturing facility is unrivalled anywhere in the world for the manufacturing of steam generators, reactor vessels and heads, pressurizers and internal equipment. The Chalon/Saint-Marcel plant deploys state-of-of-the-art technologies and precision machining tools to ensure that the exact requirements are met.
Vessels, steam generators, and pressurizers are complex components which require high precision machining during their fabrication. Technical operations accurate to one hundredth of a millimeter must be carried out on forged parts weighing several tens to hundreds of metric tons.
As an example, deep drilling operations, executed by 3 boring heads, on steel plates up to 1 meter thick, must be completed with geometric accuracy to 1/100 of a millimeter.
All of the internal component assembly operations are carried out inside contained, sanitized, and rigorously-checked assembly units. For certain parts, precision of assembly is guaranteed by laser guidance.
Steam Generator Replacement
With over 20 years of industry-recognized experience in replacing heavy components, AREVA has established world record outage duration benchmarks for all three PWR NSSS designs and has successfully completed 24 Steam Generator Projects.
- Narrow Groove Welding reduces total weld time
- Precision fit-up enables single-pass tie-ins for the welded items
- Superior weld quality and higher reliability
- Remote capabilities reduce costs, risks, time and dose
- Full in-house engineering supports your goals
- Single-sided technique for CE- & B&W-designed components
Our extensive pressurizer manufacturing experience enables us to provide a custom-built design that fits exactly with your current support structures. Outstanding features minimize the costs associated with replacement and reduce the scope of in-service inspections (ISI). Key advantages include:
- The use of Alloy 690 and austenitic stainless steel reduces SCC susceptibility
- Forged shell sections eliminate all longitudinal welds
- Integrally forged nozzles