Core Exit Thermocouple Repair & Replacement
AREVA has removed 90% of the industry’s thermocouples worldwide
Innovative Vibratory Method
More plants have to replace their aging thermocouples (TC) because of damage to connectors. Previously used methods of removal put a tremendous strain on the thermocouples, resulting in breakage. AREVA now offers a safe solution using the proper resonant frequency before removing your old thermocouples.
Removal Using the Vibratory System
The TC removal tool causes the thermocouples and conduit located above the upper guide tube plate to vibrate. Prior to removal of the thermocouples, AREVA performs an as-found inspection of the guide tube plate.
Three Step Method
1. The tooling is deployed from the work platform to the upper internals.
2. Proper positioning is verified by video technology.
3. The resonant frequency is determined, and the operator removes the thermocouple.
Remote Operation Enhances Safety
- Remote tooling for TC removal reduces operator exposure.
Control at All Levels
- Less static pulling required to remove
- Removal system controls speed and pulling tension
- The pole/vibrator/gripper assembly controls vibration
- The remote control panel controls pulling tension, vibrations and vibration frequency
Features & Benefits
- An innovative, fully-mastered solution to meet customer requirements
- Less pulling tension for safer thermocouple removal
- Simple, easy-to-use tool
- No damage to conduits
- Reduced operator exposure
- High success rate
The innovative removal process increases extraction results from 60% to over 90%. The most recent campaign removed all thermocouples.