AREVA Inc. Announces Engineer of the Year Awards
February 29, 2016
In celebration of National Engineers Week, engineer Mike Salisbury (r) from our Richland, Wash., Fuels Business Unit was recognized by SVP Ron Land (l) from among 20 national finalists as AREVA’s “Best of the Best” Engineer of the Year.
CHARLOTTE, N.C., February 29, 2016 – As part of its National Engineers Week celebration, AREVA Inc. announced the recipients of its annual Engineer of the Year awards. These awards honor the contributions of the company’s employees in achieving engineering excellence in each business group and division in the United States.
Michael Salisbury of the Fuel Business Unit was selected as the overall AREVA Engineer of the Year for redefining the mission of AREVA’s Modular Extraction Recovery Facility in Richland, Wash., to recover uranium from incinerator ash.
“At AREVA, the pride and passion of our people drive everything that we do, and I’m proud to work with some of the most talented professionals in the industry,” said Gary Mignogna, president and CEO of AREVA Inc. “Our employees sustain and advance nuclear energy in our work to support existing and next-generation reactors, and to develop the future workforce.”
AREVA’s Engineer of the Year award recipients are nominated by their peers. From those nominations, business group management and an independent internal committee representing all operations select finalists and the Engineer of the Year award recipients. Nominees are evaluated based on their contributions to their business unit during the year and how well they exemplify operational excellence through their commitment to safety, quality, performance, delivery, innovation and community involvement.
This year’s Engineer of the Year award recipients by business group are:
Overall AREVA Engineer of the Year
• Michael Salisbury, Fuel Business Unit
AREVA Federal Services
• Engineer of the Year – Doug Hoxworth
• Honorable Mention – David Eldredge
• Honorable Mention – Ernesto Faillace
• Honorable Mention – Peter Henry
• Honorable Mention – Gregory Rickard
• Honorable Mention – James St. Germaine
Back End Business Unit
• Engineer of the Year – Ahmad Salih
• Honorable Mention – Jibu Abraham
• Honorable Mention – Jack Boshovan
• Honorable Mention – William Bracey
• Honorable Mention – Abhijit Honrao
Fuel Business Unit
• Engineer of the Year – Michael Salisbury
• Honorable Mention – John Jones
• Honorable Mention – James Tolar
• Engineer of the Year – Lisa Gerken
• Honorable Mention – Justin Browder
• Honorable Mention – Jason Hollern
• Engineer of the Year – Jeff Snow
• Honorable Mention – Dave Peckham
Products & Technology
• Engineer of the Year – Joe Delrue
In celebration of National Engineers Week, AREVA hosted a variety of activities to honor its approximately 1,300 engineers nationwide and to prepare tomorrow’s engineers by encouraging local students’ interest in science, technology, engineering and math careers.