Intelligent Internals Asset Management
Leveraging our global experience and innovative methodologies, AREVA is at the forefront of industry initiatives to utilize risk-informed decision making to manage nuclear assets. As such, we have developed a Reactor Internals Asset Management approach that allows you to cost-effectively meet the challenges posed by the emergent baffle-to-former bolt (BFB) degradation issue.
As the world leader in nuclear innovation, AREVA is the only vendor with a proven risk-based solution for robust asset management. Our analytical method incorporates deterministic models, a statistical model for bolt failure, award-winning inspection capabilities, and extensive replacement experience into a probabilistic framework. Using this road map, you can intelligently and pro-actively plan examination intervals, replacement bolt patterns, and outage duration to effectively control cost through end of life (EOL).
The only road map that enables you to proactively manage your asset.
Why AREVA for Intelligent Internals Asset Management
- Extensive relevant worldwide experience & proven technology
- The only proven probabilistic analytical method to predict bolt degradation behavior and reduce costs
- An alternative for structural analysis without OEM input
- Award-winning baffle bolt UT and VT inspection techniques with proven production rates
- Repair tooling and processes based on existing bolt replacement equipment used in over 8,700 previous applications
- EDM process is used for all machining operations to avoid FME concerns
- Improved bolt design for lower stress concentrations
Baffle Bolt Probabilistic Risk Assessment
Our solution enables proactive asset management
Baffle Bolt Inspection
Intelligent, proven baffle bolt inspection
Baffle Bolt Replacement
AREVA has replaced over 8,700 internals bolts