Long Life Bobbin Probe
Improved Bobbin Probe offers the greatest one-time load, start-to-finish potential
AREVA’s advancing ECT inspection, analysis and remediation technology now offers a substantially improved bobbin probe. Fully integrated with inspection software and requiring no assistance or process changes, this probe has the greatest one-time load, start-to-finish potential.
- Probe life targets to eliminate probe changes during an inspection when coupled with Trident Probe Delivery System acquisition
- Improved centering guide geometry, materials and application extend useful probe life by 71%
- Three inspection seasons have proven probe life exceeding 3,000 tubes while maintaining centering to ARC requirements
- High-quality, tight-tolerance, low-noise signal cabling noticeably improves data quality
- Improved data quality with essentially zero system noise to impact new EPRI Rev. 8 requirements
- Better data quality improves the accuracy and speed of automated analysis processes, permitting ‘unedited’ results
- High reliability and lower bend radius access further reduces the need for probe changes
The bobbin probe is the primary inspection probe used to inspect the complete length of all tubes scheduled for inspection. A high performing bobbin probe impacts all areas of the inspection process and has distinct influence on schedule!