Annual Results 2009
March 04, 2010
- For the group as a whole, including Transmission & Distribution
- Backlog: €49.4bn (+2.5%)
- Revenues: €14bn (+6.4%)
- Operating income: €501m (+20.1%)
- Nuclear and Renewable Energies perimeter:
- Backlog: €43.3bn (+1.8%)
- Strong revenue growth: +5.4% to €8.5bn
- Operating income before provision for the Finnish project in the first half of 2009: €647m
- Operating income: €97m, for a €240m increase from 2008
- Net income attributable to equity holders of the parent: €552m, i.e. €15.59 per share
- Net debt: €6,193m
- Pro forma net debt, including net cash to be received from the sale of T&D in 2010: €3,022m
- Dividend of €7.06 per share to be proposed during the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of April 29, 2010
March 4, 2010
The Supervisory Board of the AREVA group met today under the chairmanship of Jean-Cyril Spinetta to examine the financial statements submitted by the Executive Board for the year ended December 31, 2009.
Chief Operating Officer Anne Lauvergeon offered the following comments:
“AREVA expanded its backlog and increased its revenues compared with 2008, on strong installed base business and dynamic major projects, fostering growth in operating income of 240 million euros.
As announced previously, we are implementing a financing plan suited to our objectives of profitable growth. The plan was implemented successfully in 2009, including the conclusion of an agreement, under very satisfactory terms, to sell our Transmission & Distribution business for 4 billion euros, asset sales for more than 1.5 billion euros, and successful bond issues of 3 billion euros. The plan will continue in 2010 with a capital increase, the completion of asset disposals and cost reduction and continued operational performance improvement programs.
We bolstered our Renewable Energies business segment by supplementing our offshore wind power and biomass businesses with the acquisition of Ausra, a California-based leader in concentrated solar power technology.
Despite the sale of T&D, we are maintaining our financial performance outlook for 2012: 12% average annual revenue growth to 12 billion euros in 2012, double digit operating margin and substantially positive free operating cash flow.”